The European smart ED supports 22kW charge rate, we only get 3.3kW with a
measly 7.2kW on the 2017 models.

So a Europan smart could maybe ask for 22kW from a 7.2kW EVSE which if it
failed to limit the current might overheat and …

Seems unlikely the EVSE would fail and the beaker would fail and then the fire
jump to the car and cause all this damage.  More likely there was a short in
the car or someone torched it.

My takeaway is the plastic in these items needs to have fire resistance added
so it can’t burn.

Regards,
Lawrence Harris
lhar...@haritech.com