This caught my eye:

"Ronald Reagan moves into
the White House and immediately has the Carter PV panels ripped off its
roof)."

Jimmie Carter installed 32 thermal panels that provided hot water for the
cafeteria, not electricity. Also, various accounts place the removal in
1986 before required roof repairs, after which they were not replaced. Half
of the actual panels are now at Maine's Unity College, the other half are
being donated to various institutions, such as The Smithsonian, The Carter
Library and, of all things, the Solar Science and Technology Museum in
Dezhou, China.

The first PV panels on the White House grounds were installed by the Park
Service while GW Bush was out of town. They are still there. (The reported
10KW utilizing 167 panels sounds off though.)

President Obama installed 6.3 KW of PV on the actual White House.

Here are some sources for part of this:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/carter-white-house-solar-panel-array/
https://understandsolar.com/white-house-solar-panels/