Matthew Quitter via EV wrote:
Thanks guys... but if the charger is turning off at a fixed voltage how do I
get more power into the pack?

Like Bill Dube said; you measure amphours. Shut off the charger when you have put back as many amphours as you took out (plus a little bit more to cover losses).

For example, the E-meter / Link-10 etc. has a switched output that can turn the charger off. It can be configured to shut off when a) a certain voltage has been reaches, b) the current has fallen below a set value, and c) at least 100% of the amphours removed have been put back in.

--
Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace.
        -- Dalai Lama