I am not a lithium battery expert.  But with any kind of battery, I would do
a load test to identify the problem cells.

Put 20-40 amps on the fully charged battery, and measure the voltage of each
cell in turn.  The stinkers will quickly reveal themselves.

Be aware that you may find a REVERSE voltage on one or more cells.  This is
an especially bad sign.

Remove the weak cells from the string and give them special treatment.
Charge them individually and test their capacity (discharge at a nominal
rate such as 20 amps or more until they reach their low voltage limit,
recharge, test again, recharge).

You can use an amp-hour meter to measure capacity, or just time how long
they last and multiply decimal hours by average current in amps to get
approximate amp hours.

If you can get them to charge fully and show about the same amp hour
capacity as the rest of the battery, charge them up, put them back in, use
them, and see how it goes.  I would replace any that test well under the
capacity of the other cells in the battery.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator