      From: Bill Dube via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
 To: paul dove via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
 Sent: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 3:00 AM
 Subject: Re: [EVDL] Curtis 1238-6501 State of Charge

In LFP, temperature influences voltage more than SOC in the region of
20% to 80% SOC. The voltage changes just a tiny amount between 20% and
80% SOC.

Basically, if the voltage changes it is more likely to be due to a
change in temperature, than a change in SOC.

Indeed, you could measure the temperature of each cell, along with the
voltage, to tease out the SOC, but you need the average internal
temperature of the cell, rather than the external temperature of the
cell, and you need a very accurate measure of voltage. It is way simpler
and cheaper to count amps.