I just bought a used Juicebox classic 40 amp level 2 EVSE.  All appeared to be
great as it charges my 2017 Volt without issues.  It will also charge my S10
conversion if I don’t turn up the power past about 4kw.  If I turn up the truck
charger to 6kw however, the Juicebox will work for about 10 minutes, then the
contactor drops out without any warning noises.  The Juicebox Classic edition
has no display so there is no way to tell what is going on.  It does have a
beeper which sounds out morse code like error conditions, but I don’t get any
beeps and once the contactor drops, I must power down the Juicebox to get it
working again.  I think it is getting into an illogical state which requires a
hard reset.

I’ve contacted the support team at emotorwerks, but the version I have is from
about 2015 and there is only one person on the support staff who is familiar at
all with my version of the control board.  Worse yet, the document archive does
not have schematics for the control board, which makes it very difficult to

Does anyone have experience with this model of Juicebox or a source for the PCB

Paul Wallace
’94 USElectricar S10 with serious upgrades