I just bought the car like any other used car. So, either the previous owner
bought the battery, they changed their policy, or Smart and I are going to find
ourselves in an odd legal situation since I have no contract with them.

I will contact a friend who seems to know everything about the Smart ED and see
if he has more info.

Bill