Does it have ONSTAR or other on-line presence?  If it was a Tesla, they
could just turn it off remotely ;-)

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of Bill Collins via
EV
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2017 5:06 PM
To: Mark Hanson
Cc: Bill Collins; ev@lists.evdl.org
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Smart ED battery

I just bought the car like any other used car. So, either the previous
owner bought the battery, they changed their policy, or Smart and I are
going to find ourselves in an odd legal situation since I have no contract
with them.

I will contact a friend who seems to know everything about the Smart ED
and see if he has more info.

Bill
> On October 24, 2017 at 4:52 PM Mark Hanson <markehans...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Bill
> When I called smart 2 years ago they said that they track used cars and
force the new owner to either pay an additional $5k or about $99 battery
payments. How did you get around that?  Did they change their policy?