From: "Matth Logan via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: ev@lists.evdl.org
Cc: mattloga...@yahoo.com
Sent: 30-Jan-18 8:53:02 AM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Searching for a source for 2013 and newer Leaf cells

This is an attempt at a private conversation with Cor concerning his response to my post on the Oeva list. If this is inadvertently being posted to the general public list, I am hoping that the moderator will bar it, and send me a friendly email on how to respond privately in the correct manner!

Cor, I am located in the Portland/Vancouver area, but have family in the Bay Area (Palo Alto, Tracy).

I would be interested in talking with you concerning the 2015 cells, and about your experience with the Vectrix in general. I fought with the original NiMh cells for a while, then installed an Orien BMS and some of the lousy BP Li iron phosphate cells which have since failed. I'm tired of looking at 2 bikes sitting unused. Time to use them or loose them.

My email: mattloga...@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Matt

<quote author='Electric Vehicle Discussion List mailing list'>
Matt,
Where are you located?
BTW, the EVDL is not for commercial advertisements, but anyone working
on their own EVs
can ask for as well as offer parts for sale. Also, if there is a
question on the list and someone
who does work commercially in the requested field, can reply with the
requested info.
(See the occasional report that David is giving us of what is/is not
allowed)

Anyway,
I have a complete set of cells from a 2015 Leaf in the garage (already
removed from the shell)
as well as a set with much deteriorated capacity from I believe a 2011.
Obviously the prices are quite different between the two.
Let's take that discussion offline and shoot me an email.
BTW, I am in Silicon Valley
and I have worked on Vectrix in the past. Quite some years ago when the
first ones were converted
to Lithium, I bought the damaged/incomplete NiMH packs that were taken
out and sold cells or
modules to others who were patching up their own damaged packs.
I also worked on Vectrix with damaged charger (from too long extension
cord, so the constant power
charger was drawing too much current, blowing itself up - a known
problem)
Cor.