You are correct.  The price is too high.  For 7K, I could buy 10 power supplies
to charge 10 batteries and 10 battery testers like the Revolectrix Power Lab 8
@ $330 each.

________________________________
From: EV <ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org> on behalf of Jim Walls via EV
<ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2018 9:05 PM
To: ev@lists.evdl.org
Cc: Jim Walls
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Testing batteries

On 8/15/2018 5:32 PM, ROBERT via EV wrote:
> If someone wanted to test 300 - 400 NICAD or NIMH cells for capacity, how can
> it be done efficiently?  I do not want to take 6 months charging and
> discharging one cell at a time.  The purpose of the testing is to match cells
> so as to build a large battery. Any tester I can buy to speed up the process?

Yea, but you won't like the price.  We have a battery tester from
Midtronics at work that could test conductance (which accurately relates
to capacity) of 400 cells in a couple hours.  At least when we bought it
about decade ago, the cost was something like $7K.

We use it for testing 48 volt stationary battery plants such as this one:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwIdhkNRMTaRdnp3U0hNT0xrR2s/view?usp=sharing
BTW, that's 3,600 AH at 48 volts

--
73