On 10/15/2018 08:08 AM, Robert Bruninga via EV wrote:
Yes, I assume the order-by-15-Oct deadline is to get a guaranteed tesla
delivery before 31 Dec.

But I bet as the end of year approaches a lot of people will be looking
over avaiable inventory and snapping them up.

At first I was thinking Tesla would offer some incentives, but then I
realize it does not matter much to them if people meet the deadline or not,
because the difference in rebate is on the customer, not them.

I think it is unlikely Tesla will have any extra cars available for sale/delivery near the end of the year. If they DO have extra cars near the end of the year, they will want to get them sold/delivered before the end of the year. That is because of diminished demand in 2019 without the full tax credit. Though I think that diminished demand will be minimal.

So, I agree that one should not be looking for any end of year Tesla deals.