Should work fine on a local AM station, but have you stepped through all
the 100 channels to hear what it is like on weaker signals?
Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: EV <ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org> On Behalf Of Tom Keenan via EV
Sent: Friday, November 9, 2018 4:54 PM
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: Tom Keenan <tnan...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [EVDL] AM radios dropped from plugins (RFI, EMI, +)> (go
digital)

I have a 2013 Leaf, and the AM radio works fine. Same with my old 2005
Prius.  I use the AM radio on a daily basis during my commute to work.
Not sure if it is perhaps an issue with certain radio suppliers/car
manufacturers?

Tom Keenan

> On Nov 9, 2018, at 10:09 AM, Lee Hart via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:
>
> paul dove via EV wrote:
>> Is the problem radiated emissions or conducted emissions.... anyone
know?

> If radiated, it will cause problems not only for your own car; but will
also wipe out AM in the car next to it!

> Our Prius has an AM radio, though it has a "tin ear" -- poor weak signal
reception. This has been a problem for me on long trips. FM stations fade
in and out as you drive, but especially at night, you can listen to the
same AM station for your entire drive.