From: Peri Hartman via EV
Sent: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 6:13 PM
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
Cc: Peri Hartman
Subject: [EVDL] poor 2011 Leaf performance

Anyone want to take a stab at this mystery - poor performance of my 2011
Leaf ?

Temp about 45F
Heat on: drawing average of about 1 kW
"other systems" drawing about .25 kW
Drove 14 miles, went from 12 range bars to 5 bars (full charge level is
9 capacity bars)
Average 3.2 miles / kWh
Duration about 1 hr.
Driving pretty carefully - usually only 2 "balls" on the usage meter.

For electrical systems, I estimate I used about 1.25 kWh.
For traction, 14 / 3.2 = about 4.5 kWh
Total: 5.75 kWh.

According to
https://electrolease.nz/blog/nissan-leaf-range-charts-and-tables.html
5 bars equates to about 45% charge remaining.

Assuming that the capacity bars are linear and I'm between 8 and 9, the
battery should have somewhere near 17 kWh (24 originally).

45% of that is about 7.5 kWh remaining charge.
Add in what I've used, 5.75, makes 13.25 kW - but should be around 17.

Plus extrapolating the mileage: 14 / 45% = 31 miles estimated total
range.

What happened to the other 4 kWh?

And, am I the only one who get 31 miles per charge? This Leaf has had
miserable winter range since the beginning. Still don't know why.

Peri