Getting LeafSpy and an OBD2 adapter: I've thought of that before, sounds like a good idea. I just looked at the app description and they no longer make any recommendations of brands. Anyone care to make a recommendation of one they bought recently and works with the Leaf?

As for brake drag, it's possible, but wouldn't that be reflected in the kWh used? Besides, it seems that 3.2 miles / kWh is pretty good for winter city driving.

Peri

------ Original Message ------
From: "Haudy Kazemi" <kaze0...@umn.edu>
To: "Peri Hartman" <pe...@kotatko.com>; "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: 06-Dec-18 7:23:42 AM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] poor 2011 Leaf performance

Leaf owners can benefit greatly from the LeafSpy app (not free) and a quality bluetooth OBD2 adapter. They can then look at the detailed health and capacity stats in app. My guess is 9 bars would be about 16 kWh capacity.

You may also be losing energy to sticky brakes. Some brake exercise, including using the parking/emergency brake may be in order. Brake issues are a common issue on gently driven vehicles with regen because the brakes don't get warmed/worked out much.