I found the original factory specs of the Vectrix battery supplier a couple
years ago and I believe that the max continuous discharge was in the 60-80 Amp
range.
Originally the Vectrix was designed to have a top speed of about 55 MPH and was
already stretching the limit of battery discharge by 2x max draw.
But Product Management for the Vectrix wanted to market the scooter as Freeway
capable (which it already technically was with that speed) and insisted that
engineering push the top speed as high as battery voltage and controller
current would allow. They ended up with a 67 MPH top speed but had to push the
electronics to even beyond the main fuse rating (popping the main fuse of I
believe 200A, is not uncommon on the Vectrix and many DiY owners have gone
through the labor intensive task of getting the controller out to reach the
fuse and replace/upgrade it) and pushing the max discharge to 3x max battery
rating.
Obviously that caused a short life on many NiMH packs, most owners have found
that their packs were losing cells early. I have rebuilt several NiMH packs
that had lost one or more cells for such owners.
So – it was not originally designed to do the current specified 67MPH top
speed. It can reach and maintain it, but needs a pack and main fuse update.
The charger had unrelated issues, so usually that will often need to be
upgraded/replaced as well. The rest of the bike is pretty solid. Best to get
one that already has upgraded charger and just put in Leaf cells and a simple
BMS.
Regards,
Cor.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10