Mark Abramowitz via EV wrote:
I don’t know if they will or won’t bring in additional services, I only know
about the discussions on charging.

However, I suspect that bringing these other things would require a change in
statute, and would further be very controversial.

I don't know about CA, but I know that IL and IN both have service plazas on their "freeways" (which are in fact toll roads). These plazas already have an assortment of the usual McWendyKing fast food places, gas stations, convenience stores, and many other services.

The rest areas along the Interstate highways in many other states have such services as well, though not as elaborate as the ones in states where you have to pay to get on and off the highway.

--
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in
possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. (Max Born)