What would be cool is if the EVSE had a "recalibrate" mode where it first fed power back to the grid and then recharged the EV.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Peri Hartman" <pe...@kotatko.com>
To: "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: 02-Jul-19 6:17:13 AM
Subject: Re[2]: [EVDL] balancing: ?PD.lu purposely maintenance-drain Tesla-S pack every 20, 000km?

Ah, that makes more sense. Thus, every time I fully charge, I am balancing the
cells. That's what I've been assuming.

To calculate the Wh, though, does one really have to fully discharge ? I guess,
no matter how accurately it can measure current out of and current into the
battery, cumulative errors will appear. But fully discharging an EV battery is
difficult ! How do you do it  - leave it in the driveway with the heater
running full ?

Peri