Peri,
Did you see the pics in the article I linked?
This was clearly a production forest with "utility pole" pine trees,
ready for harvesting.
Without Tesla, these trees would have been cut in a few years anyway
for harvest and re-planted.
The only effect of Tesla's Gigafactory that I see is that they are cut
by a globally visible entity, so some "news" outlets can raise some
hackles
and the trees are cut at an earlier moment than they were going to
anyway, only to be replaced 3-fold which is not a bad thing in my
book.
Cor.