Correct. More trees is important to offset the continuous loss of them
elsewhere.
One of the motivations for "TeamTrees".
Personally I am growing ~9 acres of trees on former farmland.
Those are for harvesting also, but for 40 years they are capturing
carbon and producing "European Hardwood" (Robinia Pseudoacacia)
Cor.