Perhaps these guys,Home - MEAN GREEN MOWERS

|  |  |

|  |
Home - MEAN GREEN MOWERS

At Mean Green we’re solving each of those problems with some of the most
efficient electric mowers made right he...

Supplies this program,Commercial Lawn and Garden Equipment

|  |
Commercial Lawn and Garden Equipment

COMMERCIAL ELECTRIC LAWN AND GARDEN EQUIPMENT INCENTIVE AND EXCHANGE PROGRAM IN
ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE AREAS Comm...

    On Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 02:41:55 PM EDT, EVDL Administrator via EV
<ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

 On 25 Mar 2020 at 13:04, Willie via EV wrote:

> I want to mow, not fiddle.

I understand your wanting new, but the ER8-36 type dedicated GE riding
mowers from 40 years ago are simple and reliable, more reliable than the
more complex GE Elec-tracs.  They were also sold under at least a couple of
other brands, John Deere and New Idea.  If all you need to do is mow,
they're good, and highly maneuverable.

https://myelec-traks.com/ER8-36.html

They use three 12v marine batteries. They have no controller, no electronics
at all - just an on-off switch, a deck switch, a simple clutch, and a multi-
speed transmission.  The charger is a timer, transformer, and push-pull
rectifier.  They're essentially just a gas rider of the era with a motor in
place of the vertical-shaft gas engine, and 2 more motors to drive the
blades.

Any decent local auto electric shop can work on the motors when they finally
start to get worn, if you don't want to.  Jim Coate's Electric Tractor Store
sells spare mower blades.

Mine (the New Idea variant) has been great.  I recommend them.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator