A surplus house I occasionally buy from is offering these 2600 farad 2.6v "boostcaps" for $36.

https://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G24932&utm_source=Goldmine&utm_campaign=9211b9afc8-MAY23-2014_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_15cb8e0368-9211b9afc8-60186738

They claim they are used in "electric cars, trains, electric streetcars, satellites, truck engines, etc." and that they have a retail price of $80 each.

Frankly, I've never seen a capacitor like this used in such applications. So I'm curious; has anyone else? I can imagine 6 of them being used in series to replace a 12v battery, but at over $200 that hardly seems practical.

Lee Hart

--
If happiness is on your mind, here's a daily list to find:
 - something to do