On 7/11/20 9:17 PM, Robert Bruninga via EV wrote:
When I put a small flat 4'x6' utility trailer on my Prius, the mileage went
from 55 down to 40!  And that was with no load or added wind drag other
than the trailer.

There is a LOT of variance in trailers. I have two small flat trailers with the utility type tires/wheels (12", I think) rather than larger (13"+) car style wheels. Pulling empty with either an imiev or a Tesla, you hardly notice an impact on range, under 5%. Loaded with ~1000 pounds that sticks up ~2', the impact may be close to 10%.

Still, that ~5% may well be enough to wipe out any benefit from having PV panels.

I also have a "small" teardrop camping trailer that costs 25-30% when pulled by a Tesla.

https://wmckemie.blogspot.com/2020/06/pulling-unlicensed-unlighted-trailer-at.html