Fast charging: I don't have personal experience yet and don't know the
reason, but I've seen this gripe on several EU EV forums.  IIRC Tesla is
pretty good at maintaining a high charge rate for quite a while, but most
EVs taper pretty quickly.  Some hold their rated peak for only a few
minutes.

Texas: Steve said it pretty well.  It's a Galt's Gulch state.  If you live
there, better not skip reading the fine print.

As un-winterized power plants went offline one after another the per-kWh
spot price shot through the roof.  No legal consequences, except for
customers who can't pay $16k electric bills.

I read that at least one TX energy supplier sent urgent messages to its
customers telling them to change suppliers IMMEDIATELY because they were
otherwise going to be stuck with Texas-size bills.  Right, I'll get on that
straight away, as soon as I've boiled water for brushing my teeth, split a
few more logs for the fireplace, and found the stop valve for the burst
pipes flooding my master bedroom and bath.

Banking: if you're going to trust utilites (or anyone else) to tap your bank
account for the bills, it's a good idea to give them access only to a
separate account in which you keep a limited balance.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my