From what research I've done, I believe BioFuels are a better stop gap than
H2.

H2 is a boondoggle.   I just can't find a use case that makes sense, it's
poor systemic efficiency, and super-high infrastructure cost take it out of
consideration.

We'll still need some kind of energy dense solution for things like air
travel.  Biofuels can at least be carbon neutral, as you can close the
carbon cycle.  It will take a long way to get there of course, as the
complete biofuel production cycle is also still a carbon intensive
operation, but this can be fixed over time.

To get to electrification quicker, I still think some hybridization is
good.  I'm part of this project: https://youtu.be/TuLE7CcSvRc
It is a good way to get more electric cars on the road faster.  The lower
cost and battery size mean more cars in the fleet faster, and the same
battery supply that can build one Tesla Model 3 or Y can now build more
than 4 cars instead of just one.   Unlike H2, this can be implemented now,
and can allow biofuels to be phased in without any new tech on the car or
distribution infrastructure side.  Also removes the immediate requirement
to build more fast charging infrastructure while still allowing long
distance travel.