"The Master's tools will never dismantle the Master's house".  This is
Ford's solution to the problem that they created (massively oversized
trucks everywhere).  Their solution must lie within their wheelhouse (pun
intended).  It's a step in the right direction but too little too late.
With respect to the climate emergency we shouldn't praise a micro-step in
the right direction.  They did it because they had to (which is good), but
we need big change.  I'm not celebrating a 6,000 lb electric truck to move
one person around and maybe a sheet of plywood once a year.  We need to
focus on commuter footprint and right-sized vehicles.  What about using 90%
fewer resources (10kwh pack instead of 100kwh) and 90% less life time
energy (500 lb vehicle vs 5,000 lb vehicle) if it can do the same job?