Phil,
The Leaf has a self-contained BMS that does not care about isolation,
it simply works and is readable from CAN bus.
Sure, before the Leaf will accept a connection to its battery, it is
likely that the inverter does a ground fault check but typically
during charging it cannot (to allow non-isolated charging). So, I
suspect that as long as the Leaf thinks it is charging (even
"negative" charging, which has already been possible through the
CHAdeMO plug for quite a while) then there is no error.
How do I know for sure? I have worked on a prototype CHAdeMO charger
that was non-isolated and we had no problem charging Leafs (and even
Teslas) from it...
Sooo - if you can create a box with the proper charging interface (CCS
or CHAdeMO) for V2G on one side, a small fixed boost converter and a
buck to regulate the charging of the 2nd EV and the charging control
interface on that side (CCS or CHAdeMO again) then you have a vehicle
to vehicle DC Fast Charger for production EVs.
Cor.