From: EV <ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org> On Behalf Of mark hanson via EV
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2021 7:55 PM
To: 'Electric Vehicle Discussion List' <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: mark hanson <markehans...@gmail.com>
Subject: [EVDL] Chevy Bolt 2020 50 mile Range Drop in One Year

Hi Folks,

My 260 mile $30K Chevy Bolt 2020 range dropped to 210 this year.  I normally
charge to 80% for local trips (although that tidbit is missing from the
manual/display unlike the Leaf & Tesla).  When I charge to 100% last month
it was still about 260 miles, now this week it dropped to 210 miles.  I read
that there were some battery issues at 100% (maybe because they didn't tell
folks to charge to 80% for local use).  The battery was advertised as 64KWH
although it's stamped underneath at 62KWH but now behaving like a 50KWH or
80% battery pack.  I wonder if the Mother Ship downloaded a 80% operation
through OnStar that it has (but I didn't pay for)?

Has anyone had this happened on their Bolt.  I was going to buy a cheaper
210 mile Leaf, but bought the Bolt for the longer range, oops - now the same
as the cheaper Leaf.

The Tesla Y at the same 21K miles is still doing 325 miles range and charges
*much* faster (up to 200KW pre-cooling the pack), more fast charging
stations through the easy to use GPS.

Have a renewable energy day,

Mark

Mark E. Hanson

184 Vista Lane

Fincastle, VA 24090

540-473-1248 phone & FAX, 540-816-0812 cell

REEVA: community service RE & EV project club

Website: www.REEVAdiy.org (See Project Gallery)

UL Certified PV Installer

My RE&EV Circuits: www.EVDL.org/lib/mh

REEVA Demo:  <http://youtu.be/4kqWn2H-rA0> http://youtu.be/4kqWn2H-rA0

<https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/a88920376f864ecabaed843dd89
75b8d/signature> Fincastle Solar Weather Station