Ryan Fulcher said “I've yet to see any contract that anyone has signed that
says that Tesla
is going to deliver them a car for $35k.” Well you have not seen my
contract, but that does not mean that I did not buy a 2019 Tesla M3 for
$35,000 It is a standard range with none of the expensive add-Ins. The car
was delivered to us in the Walmart parking lot in Breaux Bridge. (That is
not a promotion for Walmart, just an odd observation)
     Standard range is not all that bad at 220 miles range. Of course we
usually charge the batteries to 85%, and rarely drive them to below 25%.
Only on long trips and even though we don’t charge to 100%.
     We have traveled from Lafayette, Louisiana to New Orleans several
times (once to see Paul McCartney), Houston twice and San Marcus, Texas
using super chargers both ways. I’ve used navigation to plan trips to see
family and friends in Seattle, Washington, Traverse City, Michigan and
Athens, Georgia. Yes, we stop more often than we did in our ICE cars, but
that is one reason that both my wife and I have kindle apps on our cell
iPhones. I particularly like Jack Reacher and John Milton novels, in
addition to Sci-Fi novels by many authors.

Bobby Keeland, retired Forest Ecology scientist,
Arnaudville, Louisiana (about 15 miles east of Lafayette and 45 miles west
of Baton Rouge - both of which have super chargers).