He means not including the hardware.   All cars get the same hardware.
They can't do this because the other driver assistance features (Automatic
Emergency Braking, etc), are delivered by the same Autopilot ECU.  (Tesla
calls the APE)   Also included is the GPS receiver used for navigation, and
the rear camera used for the (now required) RV camera function.