Hi Folks,

I'd like to know what the Tesla 12V current spec is when attaching an
inverter to the battery.  What's the E-fuse trip point, actual spec?

On the internet, just anectotal stuff like this:

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/current-maximum-on-12v-system.31442/

-----------------------

Chevy Bolt works at 1000W:

I just ran an experiment, hooked a Harbor Fright Centech 2000W cont (really

1000W) with a 100A CB (WestMarine) in series with the 1 foot #2 cables
clamped onto the 12V battery.  I turned on the car with it in Park and left
the keys on the seat.  Initially I tested with a 8.3A parabolic heater for

30 minutes (drawing about 83-90A).  The 12V battery (Dc DC converter output)
rose to 13.1V, up to 15V after 30 minutes.  Not sure why it *rose* under
load.  The dash started at 1KW right indicator (load) assume vehicle pumps
etc - went to 2KW when heater was turned on.  The Klimaire 2020 120VAC 1 ton

(12000BTU) heat pump drew 6.5A (a bit less than the space heater).  The
Pioneer (also installed same time) is 6.5A at 120VAC (downstairs unit).

So - now I can run a minisplit 1 ton heat pump for about 50 hours from a 80%
charged (64KWH) Bolt battery.  I'd like to test on the Tesla-Y but due to
the picky 12V load monitoring, I'm told this is a no-no.  Strange, you would
think for a pricey car you could direct run a 12V:120V converter off the
battery/DC-DC converter.  The Leaf works like the Bolt does - but I'm told
is only rated 90A not 130A like the Bolt.

Have a renewable energy day,

Mark

Mark E. Hanson

184 Vista Lane

Fincastle, VA 24090

540-473-1248 phone & FAX, 540-816-0812 cell

REEVA: community service RE & EV project club

Website: www.REEVAdiy.org (See Project Gallery)

UL Certified PV Installer

My RE&EV Circuits: www.EVDL.org/lib/mh

REEVA Demo:  <http://youtu.be/4kqWn2H-rA0> http://youtu.be/4kqWn2H-rA0

<https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/a88920376f864ecabaed843dd89
75b8d/signature> Fincastle Solar Weather Station