Within six months (my wife's retirement), we will no longer need one of the
two EVs in our fleet of Rav4EVs (contemporary, not legacy). I feel the resale
value is low, due to a turbine song from the power plant, confirmed by coolant
speckles on the speed sensor. If it survives to the date, we'll need only one
vehicle. If not, I'll be pressed into chauffeur duty for the interim with my
not-yet-checked Rav4EV.
With such a low value for the humming Rav4EV, I'm considering repurposing the
vehicle as a UPS but it must be an off-street-legal integration, as opposed to
a street-legal one which I think only applies to V2G vehicles currently in
production.
What options exist to provide the equivalent of a Tesla PowerWall from the
removed pack of this Rav4EV? Rather than fill up this vehicle oriented forum,
perhaps a viewer can redirect me to a suitable forum? Also, I feel it's
important to note that we have a PowerWall and 9Kw of solar PV and it would be
great to make this all work together. I have real estate on the south wall
adjacent to the PowerWall, no windows, power meter and primary cut-off all in
the same location.
Due to limited physical capabilities, I'll probably have to pay for muscle, but
parting out the shell may provide for funding. This will be July 2024 or later,
temperatures in Florida will be inversely uncomfortable compared to today in
most of the USA.