--
Nate Aune - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.jazkarta.com

On Oct 17, 2008, at 4:47 AM, Xavier Heymans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 14 Oct 2008, at 23:41, Nate Aune wrote:

Chris - could we set up a PloneGetPaid shop at shop.plone.org to sell
this stuff? All proceeds could go to the Plone foundation which could
then be used to spend on marketing efforts.

A few points:

The "Plone Shop" should be done under the name of the Foundation and the benefits go to the Foundation.

Agreed. Although to encourage interesting t-shirt designs we might want to offer some sort of compensation to the best designs that ultimately end up being sold on the shop.

In the past, I didn't promote the "Cafepress" Plone items because it was unclear who would benefit from the sales.

Yes, it was not clear and this needs to be remedied.

All this work can be outsourced. It may be interesting to investigate what other Foundations or Communities are doing. For example, Ubuntu has an efficient system:
https://shop.canonical.com/
In the past Ubuntu was using Cafe Express. There may be alternatives.

I think Gabrielle might be a good person to investigate the options because she has already successfully produced a lot of high quality swag.

Do they ship at low expenses in Europe, US and World?

That would definitely be one of the criteria in choosing a partner.

I would like to know more about this, and evaluate the costs/ requirements to include some PloneGov products in the store.

Yes, good idea to have PloneGov swag as well.

Nate

Xavier