On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 9:57 PM, T. Kim Nguyen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Oct 20, 2008, at 6:38 PM, Nate Aune wrote:
>> Jon Stahl (cc'ed) has used Surveymonkey.com in the past to conduct
>> surveys, mostly around the Plone conference 2006 in Seattle. I've also
>> used this service and found it to be quite good. We could come up with
>> some different surveys to gather statistics about things we would like
>> to know about the Plone community. Maybe we could offer a prize to one
>> lucky survey responder, and get sponsors to give something away to
>> encourage people to fill out the survey. For example, Packt Publishing
>> could donate a Plone book.
> Is there a reason why we wouldn't try to use Plone Survey instead of some
> crummy PHP app? ;-)  UW Oshkosh has been using Plone Survey successfully for
> some time now.  Dog food, etc.

I'm all for eating one's own dogfood if it is the best tool for the
job. I haven't looked at PloneSurvey for awhile so I'm not sure how it
stacks up to Surveymonkey.com. I don't really care which tool we use
as long as we can get relevant data out of it for analysis purposes.

http://nateaune.com (personal blog)
http://jazkarta.com (open source technology solutions)
http://twitter.com/natea (daily updates)

PondCMS: Fully managed Plone-based CMS solution