On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Gabor Szabo <szab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Karen Pauley <ka...@martian.org> wrote:
>> Gabor mentioned the round-tuits that have been given away at other
>> Perl events.  TPF uses these each year at OSCON and I inquired about
>> the cost.   We have been paying $70 for 150 of them or $90 for 300.
>
> The first 150 are really expensive (46 c/tuit) but then the rest is 13
> cent/tuit
> sounds reasonable. If we could order a larger batch e.g. 1500 pieces should be
> less than 250 USD.
> They could be given to our representatives not only on the conferences
> where we have a booth but on other events as well.

On the EPO list Jay Kuri suggested to hand out cardboard/fiber beer coasters.
This shop http://www.canadacoaster.com/pricing.php sells 5000 pcs for 500 USD
+ 100 USD shipping.  (12c/pcs)

That made me think that we might have wooden beer coasters as well. While I know
this time of the year is not the best for trying to arrange things but Karen,
could you check please if the company that makes the wooden tuits
would also make
3.5-4" sized ones and how much would those cost?

regards
   Gabor