On 24 March 2010 13:24, Joshua <joshua.mcad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Daniel Magnuszewski <
> dmagnuszew...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I can't say that people were lining up to help out last year. Given the
> choice between going to talks and sitting in the expo hall, most people
> choose talks. A formal sign-up might help that some though.

In 2008 I organized a sign-up list so I agree that this is useful.
The event was held in Portland that year and we had a number of
volunteers from the Portland Perl Mongers come and help us out.
Hopefully some of them will be able to help out this year.  They were
not attendees of the conference so didn't have the same conflict about
what to attend.  I wasn't able to attend so I did what I could
remotely and the majority of the planning that year took place at
YAPC::NA.  It does mean that I don't know what the actual stall was
like in the end.

I'll see what notes I have from then.  Unfortunately due to family
commitments I won't be able to attend OSCON.

Karen