On mercredi, 2 mars 2016 11.27:13 h CET Marcus Meissner wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 03:22:20PM +0100, Axel Braun wrote:
> > Hi Markus,
> >
> > > Gesendet: Freitag, 26. Februar 2016 um 14:47 Uhr
> > > Von: "Marcus Meissner" <meiss...@suse.de>
> > > An: evergreen@lists.rosenauer.org
> > > Betreff: [Evergreen] 13.1 kernel update to 3.12 (SLES 12 SP1 level) ready
> > > for test
> > >
> > > The 3.12 kernel version upgrade prepared by Michal is ready for testing:
> > >
> > > http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/Maintenance:/4624/openSUSE_13.1_Update/
> > >
> > > We will wait for positive feedback.
> >
> > Applied the upgrade together wih all other open patches to my 13.1
> > VirtualBox, rebooted, tested postgres and ERP server...everything worked
> > fine so far.
>
> Have other people tried it in the meantime?
>
> I want to avoid the same troubles we had with systemd.
>
> Ciao, Marcus

I used it since weeks perhaps months (was using the home:mkuebeck)
and it work great in most of my cases and hardware around.

AMD FX8350 + nvidia blob as desktop (high 3d usage / kde 4.x)
AMD FX8350 as server with adaptec raid 8805
AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2431 + adaptec raid 5805 8x 1To nearline raid6
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v2 @ 3.70GHz + LSI MegaRaid 1 (2x400G intel ssd +
2x 2To HSGD)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz + 8x 2T Seagate raid soft mdadm
(web/mail/postgresql/kvm)
AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor (high throughput firewall)
AMD A10-5800K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics + adaptec 5800 with 8x 2To WDC
(raid6) + 8x4To Seagate (raid6 soft) + 10Gbps network intel card
(heavy io : backup)

But on two machines : having an adaptec raid controleur 6805 I'm getting a
kernel backtrace
(sorry no time until today to report it correctly)
Which is curious, I was using during a certain time a kernel 4x series on
them....
Not a big deal for myself, but can be really tricky to recover from ...

We were able to capture some informations,
https://dav.ioda.net/index.php/s/4wyMDlKot3Z1F8w

It is not easy to play with those servers, I've only a small free timeframe ...
It seems our controler are missing a firmware update which will be make next
tuesday night.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch