On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 8:39 AM, Ruediger Meier <sweet_...@gmx.de> wrote:
> In general I don't see a major advantage for leap vs the old release
> model. I would be happy to stick with 42.2 for the next years (unless
> somebody stops these random package upgrades in the leap series.)

The new support model will have only 18-months for 42.2.

42.1 is going to drop support in the next few months (April ?)

42.3 should come out next fall and then 6-months of overlap for 42.2,
thus 42.2 will drop support about April 2018.  :-(

42.x is what they hope to support for 36 months, but you have to make
the intermediate steps once a year to stay on a supported version.

https://en.opensuse.org/Lifetime

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer