Hello Marchal

On 09-Oct-01, Marchal wrote:
> Brent Meeker wrote:
>> But this seems to still leave the problems of dualism because it
>> allows that a consciousness (e.g. mine) can be generated without any
>> associated material (e.g. a brain) and also that consciousnesses can
>> generate another brain (e.g. duplicate of mine) with no associated
>> consciousness.
>

> Not at all. The other brain will be able to manifest consciousness
> like the original one.

But then why do you say that a duplicate of your brain processes in a
computer would not be conscious.  You seem to be discriminating between
a biological duplicate and a silicon duplicate.

Brent Meeker
  Poverty prevented me from believing that all is well in history and in
the world.  The sun taught me that history is not everything."
      --- Albert Camus