On Wednesday, November 5, 2003, at 07:56 PM, Eric Cavalcanti wrote:

Hi,

 ----- Original Message -----
 From: "David Kwinter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I mean the absolutely exact same David Kwinter or Eric Cavalcanti as
was the moment before.

I agree that a moment from now there will be a number of exactly
equal copies. Nevertheless, I am sure I will only experience being
one of them, so this is what I mean by ' me ' - the actual experiences
I will have. Maybe some copy of me will win the lottery every time
I play, but that does not give me reason to spend my money on it. I
still believe that the probability that 'I' win is 1/10^6, even if on a
multiverse sense, the probability that at least one copy of me wins is 1.
The same should be the case with death if we assume a materialistic
position.

What do you mean by *entirely equal*?