Hi Jonathan,

   Should we not expect Platonia to be Complete?

Stephen

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathan Colvin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Everything-List'" <everything-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2005 1:30 PM
Subject: RE: White Rabbit vs. Tegmark

Brent:  I doubt that the concept of "logically possible" has any
absolute meaning.  It is relative to which axioms and
predicates are assumed.

That's rather the million-dollar question, isn't it? But isn't the
multiverse limited in what axioms or predicates can be assumed? For
instance, can't we assume that in no universe in Platonia can (P AND ~P) be
an axiom or predicate?

Not long ago the quantum weirdness
of Bell's theorem, or special relativity would have been
declared "logically impossible".

That declaration would simply have been mistaken.

 Is it logically possible
that Hamlet doesn't kill Polonius?

Certainly. I'm sure there are people named "Hamlet" who have not killed a
person named "Polonius".

Is it logically possible
that a surface be both red and green?

If you are asking whether it is logically possibly that a surface that can
reflect *only* light at a wavelength of 680 nm can reflect a wavelength of
510 nm, the answer would seem to be "no".

Jonathan Colvin