On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 09:14:11PM +1000, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
> >There is certainly no 3rd person experiment that can be done to
> >distinguish between these two interpretations, and the only 1st person
> >experiment I can think of relates to tests of quantum immortality. I
> >find it hard to believe the "no cul-de-sac" conjecture would hold in
> >the latter case.
>
> If you accept that it makes no first person difference whether there is one
> or many instantiations of the same observer moment - that it is all one
> observer moment - then it becomes meaningless to ask whether the observer
> belongs to just one or to a superposition of all of the instantiations. How
> would QTI distinguish between the two interpretations?
>
> --Stathis Papaioannou

I think the latter interpretation would see that there _is_ a
difference between identical instantiations. Since I tend to follow
the first interpretation, as do you by the sounds of things, the
second interpretation looks a little inconsistent, and smacks of
hidden variables. However I note it, as not everyone sees the world in
the same way I do.

may safely ignore this attachment.