On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 09:35:02PM -0700, Lee Corbin wrote:
> Bruno writes
>
> > If minds are turing-emulable then indeed minds cannot
> > perceive something as being provably non-turing-emulable, but minds
> > can prove that 99,999...% of comp-Platonia is not turing-emulable.
>
> I don't pretend to understand this at all. You are saying
> that minds (e.g. we) cannot *perceive* something as being
> provably non-turing-emulable, yet minds can nonetheless
> *prove* that something is non-turing-emulable.
>
> I (very naively, of course) would have supposed that as soon
> as a mind proved that X was Y, then that very mind would
> have perceived that X was provably Y.
>
> How confusing.
>
> Lee

I think what Bruno is saying is that the set of noncomputable strings
is of measure 1 within the UD output (ie comp-Platonia), even if it is
impossible to ascertain whether any particular string is
noncomputable. (Some strings are provably computable, of course).

Cheers

may safely ignore this attachment.