Hi Peter,

----- Original Message -----
From: "1Z" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Everything List" <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 5:56 PM
Subject: Re: Only Existence is necessary?

> 1Z wrote:
>
>> > Remember that comp relies on arithmetical platonism.
>
>> Your version does. Computationalism is standardly
>> "the thesis that cognition is computation."
>
>> In other words, your argument really has two premises -- AR and
>> (standard) computationalism. You have bundled them together into
>> "comp".
>
> The Yes-Doctor scenario using Bruno-comp should really be
> a case of saying "yes" to the proposal:
>
> "I'm just going to shoot you. I'm
> not going to make the slightest effort to reconsitute you,
> teleport you, computerise you, or anything else.
> You already exist in Platonia, you always did, and you will continue to"

[SPK]

    I would like to point out that you may have inadvertently veered into
the problem that I see in the "Yes Doctor" belief! It is entirely
unverifiable. Even worse, your statement here points out that we can not
derive the continuance of a 1st person aspect from the mere existence of a
number (or class of numbers) that merely "exists". We need to have some
tacit or explicit *implication* of the number.
    It is this necessity of implementation of Forms (buying for now into the
belief system of Platonia) from which the physical aspect obtains.

Onward!

Stephen