I really think that we should infer both the substantial world and the
numerical world from the middleground so to speak, from our observations.

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: everything-list@googlegroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] För Bruno Marchal
Skickat: den 9 juli 2006 14:36
Till: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Ämne: Re: Only Existence is necessary?

Le 09-juil.-06, à 14:26, 1Z a écrit :

> So how do insubstantial numbers generate a substantial world ?

I guess there is no substantial world and I explain in all details here
http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~marchal/ (and on this list) why insubstantial
numbers generate inescapably, by the mixing of their additive and
multiplicative structures,  local coherent webs of beliefs in
substantial worlds, and how the laws of physics must emerge (with comp)
from those purely mathematical webs ... making "comp" testable in the
usual Popperian sense. In that sense "comp" already succeeds some first
tests.