Le 21-août-06, à 16:01, 1Z a écrit :

> Exactly. And if non-phsyical systems (Plato' Heaven) don't
> implement counterfactuals, then they can't run programmes,
> and if Plato's heaven can't run programmes, it can't be running us as
> programmes.

I would say that only non-physical system implement counterfactuals.
That counterfactuality is the essence of (immaterial) comp. Although
here Russell has a point: the quantum multiverse seems to handle
counterfactual. Now if comp is correct, I cannot distinguish a
"genuine" quantum multiverse from any of its emulation in Platonia, and
the physical laws must take that into account.