Le Tuesday 29 Août 2006 20:48, 1Z a écrit :
> Quentin Anciaux wrote:
> > >
> > > t be of a large measure... till there is one !

> > > OM's are even more individual than observers.
> >
> > So what ? Do you mean every OM has the same measure ?
>
> I don't have, or need, a theory of measure.
>
> All I am saying is that you cannot claim that The Poor Person
> has a higher measure than The Rich Person, since inidividuals
> are individuated by many other factors.

I didn't claim that, I simply asked more explanation on the following answer
you give to Stathis:

Stathis: "For example, the version of me alive
in the multiverse branches where he has won the lottery every week for a year
has much lower measure, but he is not proportionately less conscious."

Peter: "Then you have a WR problem. Barbour introduces the idea
that low-measure Nows are less conscious in order to
avoid the WR problem, and with no other motivation."

As I understand your answer you seem to imply that you agree that the Stathis
version who has won the lottery every week for a year has much lower measure
and by quoting Barbour ideas of low measure "now"/OM are less conscious  to
avoid white rabbit problem I understood you said that rich/lucky/put the term
you like here people are less conscious because they have less measure. But
now I understand that you don't need a measure theory... So I think disputing
the idea with another idea with which you do not agree is not fair... Or I
misunderstood you which is of high probability ;)

So in fact you are just disputing the measure... still in all you've said I
don't see where you avoid WR. And also what could mean a primary
matter/reality in a multiverse... which branch is real ? all ? then where is
the primary real in all this ?

Quentin