Saibal Mitra wrote:
> QTI in the way defined in this list contradicts quantum mechanics. The
> observable part of the universe can only be in a finite number of quantum
> states. So, it can only harbor a finite number of observer moments or
> experiences a  person can have, see here for details:
> If there can only be a finite number of observer moments you can only
> experience a finite amount of time.
> QED.

So that would imply that when predicting states at some fixed finite time in
future there is a smallest, non-zero probability that is realizable.  So if our
prediction, using continuum variables as an approximation, indicates a
lower than this value we should set it to zero??

Brent Meeker

To post to this group, send email to