On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 04:16:53PM +0200, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> Russell, when you say "nothing external exist", do you mean "nothing
> primitively material" exist, or do you mean there is no independent
> reality at all, not even an immaterial one?  (I ordered your book but I
> am still waiting :)
>
> Bruno
>
> http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~marchal/

The latter. To be more precise, I identify Nothing with
undifferentiated form, a bit like the Chaos of the ancient Greeks. To
be even more precise, I identify it with the zero information object, or
the set of all strings. Any person's experience is obtained by
differentiating - selecting something from that "nothing".

The relationship between this zero information object, and
arithmetical platonia is a bit unclear, but I would say that anything
constructible (Sigma_1) must be extractable from the zero information
object.

How long have you been waiting for the book? Booksurge seem to have
restructured a bit recently, perhaps that's affected their production
line.

Cheers

may safely ignore this attachment.

Mathematics