----- Original Message -----
  From: Brent Meeker
  To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2007 5:35 PM
  Subject: Re: Evidence for the simulation argument
  (Brent wrote):
  "....The point is that the simulation doesn't have to simulate the whole
complicated universe, only the part we can investigate and understand."
-----(End of his post below)

  ---WE???WHO????---

  "We" as Einstein or Feinstein, or John Doe?
  or even Mbamba Kruit from the forests of New Guinea?
  Does every one of us simulate(!) (into?) his personalized universe with
understandability levels PERSONALLY adjusted?
  (and why simulate?)
  John
  -------------------------------

  (John Mikes wrote:
  --skip--)
  BM:
  You seem to have two themes: (1) The universe is more complex than current
physics makes it out and may not be computable, and in comparison, (2) Our
ability to comprehend things is quite limited.  But these two together imply
that is quite possible that we live in a simulation.  If the simulation is
being performed in a universe like ours, one with very complex physics, then
the physics of that universe could provide a simulation that was beyond our
ability to discern as a simulation - because of our limited comprehension.  The
point is that the simulation doesn't have to simulate the whole complicated
universe, only the part we can investigate and understand.

  Brent Meeker