Le 26-févr.-07, à 11:57, Stathis Papaioannou a écrit :

> On 2/26/07, John M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Of course we cannot *know*.  But if we assume the comp Hypothesis, then
we *can* "know" (relatively to the comp hyp).
Indeed, if comp is true, then we "belong" to all simulations of us
possible at once. All the simulations are generated by the DU. And the
physical appearances are (first person) sum on all relative
computations. And if "I" is different from "Universe/God", then comp
predicts "Universe/God", as it can appear to me or us, is NOT Turing
emulable. QM confirms this fact, but it is an open problem if comp
generates to too much white rabbit or not. If QM is the only
comp-physics possible, then indeed first and third person white rabbits
would disappear.
Remember just this: if I am turing emulable then the observable
universe cannot be. This follows from UDA.
Cf my previews explanation:
http://www.mail-archive.com/everything-list@eskimo.com/msg05272.html